Gubra is looking for one to two new colleagues to develop and support our fast-growing fields of expertise, spanning from advanced gene expression analysis and image analysis to computational drug discovery and software development.
is an ambitious biotech company striving for excellence at all levels. We insist on doing things efficiently – and often differently - to reach the results we aim for. Our vision is to become leaders in the fight for a more sustainable and healthier world. We do that by facilitating the discovery of new medicines, and by acting and inspiring others to fight against the ongoing climate and biodiversity crises.
The Computational Biology department
supports Gubra by analysing data from several areas within the organization. You will be part of a department that consists of highly passionate data scientists and engineers including PhD students. The department develops smart and tailor-made solutions to understand and visualize biological problems in close collaboration with other scientists, often with short yet realistic deadlines. Members of the department also handles various data management and software development tasks. Furthermore, our experts engage in scientific discussions and are heavily involved in the digitalization of Gubra. R and R/Shiny are our preferred language, but for image analysis we rely on Python.
of a Computational Biology Scientist at Gubra include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and expand in-house data analysis and visualization pipelines
- Develop and expand our NGS analysis infrastructure
- Develop and expand our image analysis (2D and 3D) infrastructure.
- Develop, maintain, and support apps for data analysis and data management tasks across the organization
- Computational drug discovery and development
- Take part in the daily scientific research, discussions, and presentations internally and externally
Tasks will be defined and aligned with the candidate’s qualifications, preferences, and seniority.
A perfect candidate will have professional knowledge and skills within one or two of the following areas: software development in a biological context, or bioinformatics. You have a
genuine and strong passion for data science and crave for more. You can work independently but understand that being part of a team is the way to success. You have an eye for automation of processes and constantly look to optimize tasks and steps that can be better solved by a computer than by humans. You take ownership and can transform complicated data to valuable easy interpretable biological results, and you can explain your computational problem-solving and solutions to non-computational-science-experts outside to non-department colleagues.
You possess several of the qualifications below
As a person you are
- MSc or PhD in computational or biological sciences with a keen interest in pharmacology and drug discovery
- Experienced in handling and analysing large expression datasets from genomics, transcriptomics, or proteomics experiments
- Familiarity with common data science strategies for dealing with large scale datasets including proper statistics
- Excellent Linux skills
- Experience developing software using R-Shiny and/or Python
- Knowledge about database management
- Experience in using machine-learning strategies to address biological questions
- Web application development
- Highly enthusiastic about data analysis and computational biology
- Keen to take on responsibility within your area of expertise
- Curious by nature, motivated by data and not afraid to challenge status quo
- Proactive and able to initiate, focus and deliver on tasks and projects
- Able to navigate and collaborate in an energetic and rapidly changing organization
- Appreciating being part of a collaborative team
Please apply no later than September 19, 2021 by uploading your motivated cover letter and resume on our website.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Department manager Martin Mikkelsen at email@example.com.
Gubra is a company with a very dynamic and fast-paced drive. We have two primary areas of business: Preclinical contract research (CRO) services, and proprietary early target and drug discovery programs.
We are a biotech company delivering science to our partners and to our own research projects. We are active in the pre-clinical space, i.e. before drugs are tested in humans, and generate a revenue by performing research for small and large pharma companies.
Our focus is within the metabolic space (obesity, diabetes, NASH, and diabetic complications) where we specialize in in vivo pharmacology, peptide chemistry, molecular pharmacology, histology, stereology, imaging, NGS, bioinformatics and assays.
We work with some of the most interesting and loyal partners and customers from across the world within big pharma, biotech, and academia. Through a constant focus on high quality, scientific excellence, speed, and solid teamwork we have established ourselves as a highly professional and competent partner in the market.