Gubra is looking for an energetic and dedicated manager for our Chemistry department.
is an ambitious biotech company striving for excellence at all levels. We insist on doing things efficiently - and often differently - to fullfill our aims. Our vision is to become leaders in the fight for a more sustainable and healthier world. We do that by facilitating the discovery of new medicines, and by acting and inspiring others to fight against the ongoing climate and biodiversity crises.
The Chemistry department
supports the Gubra peptide drug discovery projects and is intimately involved in the fine-tuning and optimization of solid-phase peptide synthesis. We are experts in peptide purification and characterization, as well as peptide bioanalysis and metabolite identification by LC-MS/MS. You will lead an interdisciplinary team of 7 scientists and 6 laboratory technicians who collaborate across the whole value chain of drug discovery in both internal and partnered drug discovery assignments. Over the past couple of years, the Chemistry department has developed immensely due to an increase in automation of manual tasks, increase in automated peptide synthesize and not least due to a close collaboration between the Chemistry department and the Computational Biology department. This has enabled Gubra to launch a platform for High Throughput Peptide synthesis and data generation called streaMLine. The group is part of a functional area comprising molecular pharmacology, pharmaceutical profiling and formulation, biomarker, and next generation sequencing competences.
You will have a key role in ensuring that the high throughput solid phase peptide synthesis lab is running optimally.
You are a talented people manager with experience in peptide synthesis, mass spectrometry and automation. You have a drive for prioritizing resources and optimizing workflows in a business focused environment. As a leader, you are passionate about leading and developing individuals as well as the team. You have a flexible attitude; can make necessary decisions and you are ready to seek advice and sparring with both colleagues and management.
As Department manager your tasks include:
Your competences are:
- Daily management of scientists and technicians in the group ensuring high performance, personal development, and overall well-being & engagement.
- Collaborative interaction with other departments at Gubra and participation in cross-functional fora, ensuring optimal collaboration on internal and external projects.
- Proactive lead in the continued development and automatization of processes within peptide synthesis and analysis
- Supporting your team in delivering quality data and in ensuring state-of-the art capabilities and laboratories.
- Smart-lab: working with the team and computational biologists to digitize processes.
- Support to area VP and Executive Management to implement and execute the company strategy
As a person you...
- Solid leadership experience preferably from the pharmaceutical industry/biotech.
- Drug discovery project experience with a track record of contributing to projects at various stages.
- PhD or other equivalent degree within chemistry or life sciences.
- Ability to analyse and communicate scientific concepts and data in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with automated peptide synthesizers, peptide purification, and analysis.
- Significant experience with automation implementation and laboratory data management.
- Have a high level of energy and a positive attitude that motivates people around you.
- Are passionate about developing people in an everchanging purpose-driven organization.
- Enjoy optimising processes and workflows.
- Welcome automation and digitalization.
- Are proactive and able to initiate, focus and deliver on tasks and projects.
- Are driven by a collaborative and innovative mindset.
Please apply no later than September 17, 2021 by uploading your motivated cover letter and resume on our website. Please note, that we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Lisbeth Fink, VP In Vitro & Pharmaceutical Research at +45 6127 6672.
Gubra is a company with a very dynamic and fast-paced drive. We have two primary areas of business: Preclinical contract research (CRO) services, and Proprietary early target and drug discovery programs.
We are a biotech company delivering science to our partners and to our own research projects. We are active in the pre-clinical space and generate a revenue by performing research for small and large pharma companies.
Our focus is within the metabolic space (obesity, diabetes, NASH, and diabetic complications), where we specialize in in vivo pharmacology, peptide chemistry, molecular pharmacology, histology, stereology, imaging, NGS (next generation sequencing), bioinformatics and assays. We work with some of the most interesting and loyal partners and customers from across the world within big pharma, biotech, and academia. Through a constant focus on high quality, scientific excellence, speed, and solid teamwork we have established ourselves as a highly professional and competent partner in the market.
People are our greatest asset, and our team consists of +150 employees all located in Hørsholm, Denmark. The mix of people from different cultures and educational backgrounds combined with our entrepreneurial mindset have greatly impacted our working environment, which is characterized by intensive drive, scientific curiosity, and teamwork – we join forces!